If the earth is 4.5 billion year old, why isn’t the Gulf of Mexico full of Mississippi River mud? At present erosion rates it would completely fill in just 6 million years.
Annually billions of tons of sediment erode from continents into the oceans. The existing mud on the ocean floor (about 1300 feet) would accumulate in under 12 million years at present deposition rates. If erosion had really been going on for 2.5 billion years as evolutionists claim, the mud would be over 50 miles deep.
The true explanation of ocean mud is that Noah’s Flood running off the continents eroded and deposited most of the mud rapidly about 4500 years ago.
Using salt concentration in the ocean as a process clock gives an age limit of 42 million years for the ocean. This assumes no initial salt and current input and output rates. If positive initial salt concentrations are allowed and the probable effects of Noah’s Flood on salt in the oceans are included, then the age reduces to only thousands of years.
Similar computations for many other ocean minerals yield much younger age limits than salt does. Yet evolutionists say the oceans are 3 billion years old. The elements in the oceans do not support this claim.
Subsequent posts will give more examples of scientific clocks that give short ages consistent with the Biblical record of a 6,000-year-old earth.
Soli Deo Gloria.
This is the 41st in a series of blog posts on the Age of the Earth. I began with the Biblical testimony that the earth is 6,000 years old, because the evidence from nature should be interpreted and understood in the light of clear Biblical truth. The prequels have considered the issue’s importance, what Jesus thought, the Genesis genealogies, and the historic teaching of the church. Current articles are discussing scientific evidence on the age of the earth, explaining fallacies of radiometric dating methods and giving examples of scientific methods which yield short ages in line with the Biblical record.
Read the prequels:
1. How Old Is the Earth?
2. Why Is the Age of the Earth Important?
3. Earth: Young or Old?
4. Age of the Earth—Jesus’ View
5. Age of the Earth—Jesus Interpreted OT Literally
6. Age of the Earth—What Did Jesus Say?
7. Age of the Earth—What Did Jesus’ Contemporaries Think?
8. Age of the Earth—Genealogies
9. Age of the Earth—What Does Begat Mean?
10. Age of the Earth—Interlocking Genealogies
11. Age of the Earth—Any Gaps in Genealogies?
12. Age of the Earth—No Gaps in Genealogies
13. Age of the Earth—Any Missing Generations?
14. Age of the Earth—Scriptural Confirmation (Adam to Noah)
15. Age of the Earth—Scriptural Confirmation (Noah to Abraham)
16. Age of the Earth—Luke’s Testimony
17. Age of the Earth—Luke & Cainan Puzzle
18. Age of the Earth—Luke & Cainan Explanation
19. Age of the Earth—Add It Up
20. Age of the Earth—6,000 Years Old
21. Age of the Earth—History’s View
22. Age of the Earth—Church Fathers’ Opinion
23. Age of the Earth—Josephus, Luther, Calvin
24. Age of the Earth—Archbishop Ussher
25. Age of the Earth—Prof. James Strong
26. Age of the Earth—Kepler & Newton
27. Age of the Earth—Dr. William Hales
28. Age of the Earth—Prof. Leupold
29. Age of the Earth—Prof. Barr
30. Age of the Earth—History’s Opinion
31. Age of the Earth—Radiometric Dating
32. Age of the Earth—Scientific Clocks
33. Age of the Earth—Radioactive Decay Clocks
34. Age of the Earth—Radiometric Dating Fallacies
35. Age of the Earth—Invalid Radiometric Dates
36. Age of the Earth—Therefore…
37. Age of the Earth—Evidences
38. Age of the Earth—Scientific Clock Ages
39. Age of the Earth—Accuracy of Scientific Clocks
40. Age of the Earth—Diamonds & Carbon-14
Read the sequel:
42. Age of the Earth—DNA
Subscribe – Don’t miss future blog posts!
Click the sidebar’s “SUBSCRIBE” button to follow the
Bible-Science Guy Blog. You’ll automatically receive
new posts free by email. Click SUBSCRIBE NOW!
©William T. Pelletier, Ph.D.
“contending earnestly for the faith”
“destroying speculations against the knowledge of God”
“for the defense of the gospel”
(Jude 1:3; 2 Cor 10:5; Phil 1:16)
Monday November 3, 2008 A.D.
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Exodus 20:11 NASB)