Population experts say earth’s population in 1800 was one billion. Today it is 6.5 billion. Thus the average population doubling time over the last 200 years was about 75 years. Let’s be extremely conservative and say it takes 150 years for the population to double.
Then in 6,000 years there would be 40 doublings (6,000/150 = 40). Two people (Adam and Eve) would grow to 1.1 trillion, far greater than today’s population. But about 4,500 years ago Noah’s Flood drowned almost everyone. Noah’s three sons and their wives repopulated the earth. In 4500 years there would be 30 doublings (4,500/150 = 30), so those 6 people would grow to 6.4 billion — close to today’s population of 6.5 billion.
Evolutionists claim the human species started 3 million years ago. For simplicity suppose it was only 150,000 years ago (far less than evolutionists claim). In that time there would be 1,000 doublings (150,000/150 = 1,000), so 2 people would grow to more than 10 to the 301st power. This is a staggering number! It’s many trillions of times the supposed number of atoms in the universe (whether scientists actually know the number of atoms in the universe is another topic).
Moreover, where are all those skeletons? Buried bones should last well over 200,000 years, so earth should be inundated with bones. Yet only a few thousand human fossil skeletons have been found.
Today’s population is easily reachable from Noah’s sons in 4,500 years. To think that humanity has been here even 150,000 years is simply ludicrous based on simple population mathematics. Earth and humanity cannot be as old as evolutionists claim. There are not enough people for evolution to be true.
Soli Deo Gloria.
This is the 44th in a series of blog posts on the Age of the Earth. I began with the Biblical testimony that the earth is 6,000 years old, because the evidence from nature should be interpreted and understood in the light of clear Biblical truth. The prequels have considered the issue’s importance, what Jesus thought, the Genesis genealogies, and the historic teaching of the church. Current articles are discussing scientific evidence on the age of the earth, explaining fallacies of radiometric dating methods and giving examples of scientific methods which yield age limits in line with the Biblical record of a 6,000-year-old earth.
Read the prequels:
1. How Old Is the Earth?
2. Why Is the Age of the Earth Important?
3. Earth: Young or Old?
4. Age of the Earth—Jesus’ View
5. Age of the Earth—Jesus Interpreted OT Literally
6. Age of the Earth—What Did Jesus Say?
7. Age of the Earth—What Did Jesus’ Contemporaries Think?
8. Age of the Earth—Genealogies
9. Age of the Earth—What Does Begat Mean?
10. Age of the Earth—Interlocking Genealogies
11. Age of the Earth—Any Gaps in Genealogies?
12. Age of the Earth—No Gaps in Genealogies
13. Age of the Earth—Any Missing Generations?
14. Age of the Earth—Scriptural Confirmation (Adam to Noah)
15. Age of the Earth—Scriptural Confirmation (Noah to Abraham)
16. Age of the Earth—Luke’s Testimony
17. Age of the Earth—Luke & Cainan Puzzle
18. Age of the Earth—Luke & Cainan Explanation
19. Age of the Earth—Add It Up
20. Age of the Earth—6,000 Years Old
21. Age of the Earth—History’s View
22. Age of the Earth—Church Fathers’ Opinion
23. Age of the Earth—Josephus, Luther, Calvin
24. Age of the Earth—Archbishop Ussher
25. Age of the Earth—Prof. James Strong
26. Age of the Earth—Kepler & Newton
27. Age of the Earth—Dr. William Hales
28. Age of the Earth—Prof. Leupold
29. Age of the Earth—Prof. Barr
30. Age of the Earth—History’s Opinion
31. Age of the Earth—Radiometric Dating
32. Age of the Earth—Scientific Clocks
33. Age of the Earth—Radioactive Decay Clocks
34. Age of the Earth—Radiometric Dating Fallacies
35. Age of the Earth—Invalid Radiometric Dates
36. Age of the Earth—Therefore…
37. Age of the Earth—Evidences
38. Age of the Earth—Scientific Clock Ages
39. Age of the Earth—Accuracy of Scientific Clocks
40. Age of the Earth—Diamonds & Carbon-14
41. Age of the Earth—Oceans
42. Age of the Earth—DNA
43. Age of the Earth—Earth’s Magnetic Field
Subscribe – Don’t miss future blog posts!
Click the sidebar’s “SUBSCRIBE” button to follow the
Bible-Science Guy Blog. You’ll automatically receive
new posts free by email. Click SUBSCRIBE NOW!
©William T. Pelletier, Ph.D.
“contending earnestly for the faith”
“destroying speculations against the knowledge of God”
“for the defense of the gospel”
(Jude 1:3; 2 Cor 10:5; Phil 1:16)
Thursday November 13, 2008 A.D.
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Exodus 20:11 NASB)